Easy Ways to Clean Your Floor
Your floor gets dirtiest as quickly as it can because it is the most stepped and used place of your home. It requires daily cleaning and mopping to keep it shiny and just like a new one. Floor, especially tiles get the dirty stains over them which is not only looks bad but are also unhygienic for the family members. There are many cleaning solutions introduced to kill germs and clean the hidden dirt of your tiles. These solutions are quite expensive to use and acquire a lot of cost to use on daily basis. For this purpose, natural ingredients played a vital role to clean your tiles easily and quickly, regularly.
The floor is easily the main surface in the home that has to be gutted and it can also be the biggest pain in the neck!
Keeping tile floors clean can be very frightening, especially if you happen to have numerous types of tile like many people can have.
No matter what type of tile floor you have, there are two systems to live by to keep your floors looking great:
- Wipe up spills at the moment they occur to avoid serious tints or damage
- Routine housework prevents the need for strong substances and hard cleaning
Well, there are really more than two rules, but for the sake of brevity we’ll just leave it at that for now!
For spills, you should keep permeable cloths nearby. It’s important to recall that plain water and tracked in dirt are also ‘spills’.
You will have tints and extra work to clean your flooring if you don’t clean up murky footprints around your door mat or water that has been followed in right when it happens.
To make life cooler, keep a towel near the door during snowy or rainy weather. Door mats go a long way in keeping floors clean. You may create and enforce a “no shoes” law when there is snow, rain, or mud outside. When pets come in from outdoors during bad weather, wipe their feet with a towel before they are allowed to enter.
Cleaning, Brushing & Mopping Tile Floors
No matter what substance makes up your tile flooring, maintenance cleaning is the same:
- Dust, vacuum or extent often
- Damp, wash your floors weekly
Choose your Dusting Mop
First, get a cottony, soft dust mop.
Get a quality merchandise where the dust mop part can be detached and washed. You can save money by flinging it in the washing machine when it gets dull, and it can be substituted when necessary.
Swiffer and comparable throwaway cloth dusters are great creations, but we don’t use them at my cleaning company, RentMeToday .
The throwaway dust mops might be okay for some people; but I don’t indorse them because they are expensive and they don’t do that great of a job anyway-particularly if there is serious cleaning that needs to be done.
Endow your money instead in a robust and long lasting dust mop. I’ll demonstrate you the kind of dust mop we use and also tell you the unusual way that professional house cleaners use a dust mop to help to damp mop the floor below.
At Rent me today, we use a steady mop to wet the floor and remove dirt, but we use a shine-mop to go over the floor over to dry the floor and to pick up any residual dirt that has not been removed by vacuuming, sweeping, or washing alone.
You will be very pleasantly astonished at what an excellent job this will do.
After the floors have been completely cleared or vacuumed.
- Fill a container with your cleaning solution and clean, warm water.
- Dip your wiper in the water and squeeze it out.
- If you have plastic-coated then that can easily be damaged by liquid, wring it out twice.
- Mop your floor, being sure to rinse your mop often.
- When the mop water gets dirty, refill the vessel with clean water.
- While the floors are still wet, put the terry cloth cover on the shine mop or dust mop, and go over the floor, drying the floor and picking up dirt and debris that was missed earlier.
It’s simple, and for the regular floor, that’s all you require!
Tile Cleaning Explanations
The cleaning solution you select varies on the type of tile and the type of dirt you have in your home.
When stronger cleaning is compulsory, these solutions work well for all types of grime.
The tile itself will almost always get really clean with just a damp mop.
Mix 1/2 cup of white vinegar with one liter of warm water. Vinegar does not need to be rinsed. It cuts oil and deodorizes, and using a shine mop or towel to dry the tile later will give ceramic tile a very nice shine.
You can also use 1/2 cup of plain rubbing alcohol if you’d prefer in place of the vinegar.
Mix 1/2 cup of white vinegar with one liter of warm water. Squeeze your mop well (twice is best), and then put to the floor.
Stone tiles can be delicate and typically require a special pH neutral cleaner. Acids like vinegar will abolish marble tiles!
If you want a home-based alternative to a special stone flooring cleaner, try mixing;
- 1 Tbs. Murphy Oil Soap
- 2 gallons warm water
Rinse totally with plain water afterward to remove the soap residue and use a shine mop (or towel) to dry the tile afterwards to give the stone tile a very nice shine.
Removing Wax from Tile Floors
If you have wax build-up and want another to salable strippers, you can make your own version with;
- 1 cup laundry cleaner
- 1/2 cup ammonia
- 1 gallon of warm water
You will need to use a rigid scrub brush to help the wax removal development, so only apply the mixture to one area of the floor at a time.
Natural Ways to clean
Here are the 5 natural ingredients that will help you in keeping your tiles shiny and glossy like the new ones:
- Want to clean your dirty and stinking bathroom tiles easily? Use baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and a dash of liquid dish soap will help you in getting rid of those sticky stains on your bathroom floor easily.
- Borax is a seasonal evaporation product which is highly alkaline in nature. It is used as a cleaning agent to deodorize and disinfect your tiles and floors all around your house.
- Vinegar being an acidic ingredient in nature is used to restrict the growth of mold, bacteria and mildew. It will also help you in cutting the water spots, mineral deposits and soap scum.
- Are you in search of an effective recipe for Grout cleaning and tiles cleaning? A mixture of Baking soda, cream of tartar, borax, and grated citrus peel works best for your cleaning purpose.
- Want to deodorize and clean your bathroom simultaneously? Use citrus scented grout and cleaner. A mixture of lemon essential oil, baking soda and vinegar.
No need to worry anymore and waste your money for the cleaning of your tiles and bathroom floors. Use these natural ingredients and see the difference.